• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jk track bar?

jeeptech1

NAXJA Forum User
So the other day i was lifting a 2011 jk wrangler(perk of working at a jeep dealer) and was looking over the factory front track bar. the frame end has a heim joint in it and the axle end is rubber bushing. i measured it but cant remember how long it was from center to center. anyway, went and measured my cherokee factory one (once again dont remember measurements) and then started figuring. it seems that most adjustable track bars only locate the the axle over about 3/4" for the height im shooting for (4-4.5"). if memory serves the jk bar was about a 1/8"-1/4" longer than the factory xj bar+the 3/4". so has anyone heard of anybody making a bracket to help offset the length(frame side) and turning into the dual sheer setup and using one of these jk bars?

There are so many rugged and trail proven adjustable double shear track bars that fit and function perfectly in the XJ, that 99.9% of XJ owners just go with what works. I work at a CNC machine shop with a MIG welder and a plasma cutter, I bought an IRO adjustable double shear track bar.

Let us know how the experiment goes and take some pictures.

I have two jk tract bars sitting around and thought about doing the same but just went and built my own double shear double adjustable tract bar. I did how ever end up using the rear jk shocks on my rear lift.

Back