• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3:55 VS 4:56

eh yeah. i noticed a decent difference. have you wheeled it since then?

Thought it was 4.88's for 35's, however 4.56 is a definite improvement over 3.55.

I just put 33"s on my jeep with a RE 3.5" superflex and idk if I'm going to have the money to regear to 4.56s. How long did you roll around on 3.55s with 35"s? I also have 3.55s, just got the build sheet from the dealer 2 days ago.

I just put 33"s....

You'll be fine, especially if you're driving in flat roads of Oklahoma.

I run 32's daily in the hilly ass Northeast. I don't mind it, except every single time I drive up a hill on the highway... My jeep wants to shoot itself

I just put 33"s on my jeep with a RE 3.5" superflex and idk if I'm going to have the money to regear to 4.56s. How long did you roll around on 3.55s with 35"s? I also have 3.55s, just got the build sheet from the dealer 2 days ago.
I get by just fine, and I'm running 3.07's on 33's (5-spd). Granted on the freeway 5th is pretty much only good for straight and flat with no headwind, but it'll run the freeways alright. Some hills take an extra downshift, but nothing crazy.

And it's still faster than most of them buzzy imports around town between the lights, which keeps me happy :)

i was a year or so on 3:55. was a little bogged down and wheeled fine in 4lo, but definitly change your fluids more often. harder on trany!

I switched from 3.55 to 4.56 when I had 32's and could definitely tell a difference on the road especially when leaving from a stop. Acceleration was amazing.

Couldn't imagine having 3.55's with 35's, that would be horrible. Even with 4.56 and 35's, I still have to put the trans in 3 when cruising around town so it doesnt shift into OD and bog like crazy.

Drove some more and can tell a difference. Not night and day but no more 3rd gear all the time. It does get REAL loud between 60-65. This normal?

Hm...I was under the impression that if I ran 33s I HADDDDD to go up to 4.56, but it's nice to know that the world won't implode if I run 33s and 3.55s!!

Drove some more and can tell a difference. Not night and day but no more 3rd gear all the time. It does get REAL loud between 60-65. This normal?

what type of noise and from where. Remember gears need to be broken in. not sure if that would cause a bunch of noise though.

Hm...I was under the impression that if I ran 33s I HADDDDD to go up to 4.56, but it's nice to know that the world won't implode if I run 33s and 3.55s!!

I drove for a few years on 3.55 and 33s. And it is NOT flat around here. It was a dog in 3rd up steep grades but now with 4.56 it cruises up in drive without dropping a gear or struggling.

Back