• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wilson Fabworks SYE

hagermanfolley

Builder
Thats a good lookin SYE, havnt seen that one. You also wouldnt need the spicer flange to do a front driveshaft swap. I wonder if a front driveshaft would bolt into this?

If I dont need the flange I wonder if it will even work on my case.

On my '99 XJ with the NP242 T-Case I bought that yoke from a local driveline shop, cut the output shaft and the yoke down, drilled and tapped the output shaft, and bolted up a front driveshaft from an automatic equipped XJ. It works great. gojeep has a writeup about this (you can search for it on google) and it tells you step by step how to install. If you have an NP242 I'd go this route. It's cheap, easy and, in my experience, is pretty solid.

i Believe I have the NP 231

will work for both. and the seller of that product has it on his jeep and is a vendor on here, webdog. i would contact him about more details

Yes, it will work on both the NP242 and NP231, but if you have the 231 and some extra cash I'd go with a SYE kit from advance adapters or tom woods, something like that, they come with larger splined shafts and add to the strength

In theory, you can drill/tap your current output shaft.. and install a yoke.
The yoke vs flange makes much more sense. Unless you have a t-case that has flange front/rear. Even then, standard drive shafts/u-joints are easy to come by.

Back