• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory fog light harness - what do I not have?

s14unimog

NAXJA Forum User
I was in the JY the other day and snagged a good working fog light switch and bezel. Since the XJ was hit hard in the front I couldn't exactly tell where the factory harness differs from mine. I have a non fog light equipped second generation ('97). After switching bezels I was surprised I had the connection inside for the switch. Now looking inside the fuse box, I notice I'm missing the relay for that position but it does seem like I have the spade receptacle for the relay to plug in. When I look behind my bumper I can't find any leads tucked away so I'm assuming it stops at the box. Any one have an idea of what I need to do?

thanks!

My 97 had only the wiring to the switch- while there were relay slots in the PDC, there are no terminals in there. I'd have a closer look. IINM, the fog light wiring was integrated into the main light harness- I have 2 97+ light harnesses, and neither seems to have the foglight pigtails either.

But, it's easy to wire a relay into the OEM switch. I put fogs on mine earlier this year. OE fogs, switch, and bezel, homebrewed wiring. I used this diagram I found on JF somewhere.

fogWiringDiagram.jpg

Note that the relay used isn't a standard 5 pin/NC-NO relay. I used this one.
http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?R=BK_3007884_0115789671

Back