• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Repairing tiny little rock chips in the windshield?

anthrax323

NAXJA Forum User
The previous owner my my XJ apparently loved to follow dump trucks, as the windshield is COMPLETELY covered in tiny little rock chips... Most of the time, this isn't an issue, but when driving directly into the early morning sun it's blinding and honestly becoming somewhat of a safety issue.

Has anyone had any luck repairing these little chips? These aren't the big chips that places like Safelite can repair - these are teeny tiny little nicks in the surface of the glass. I was thinking some jewelry polish might be the way to go, but that'd take far longer than I'm willing to invest.

Thoughts? I'm getting the feeling a new windshield will be my only option.

www.eastwoodco.com has a product that allows you to fill those. I don't think will work that great but it might be worth a try. Around here I can get a new windshield for $120 installed.

I've used the windshield crack repair and it worked great for my Quarter size crack/chip. It was easy but did take some time, prep work and attention to detail. I can't imagine using a kit like that on a number of chips though, in fact the kit I had came with just enough stuff for my one time use.

Sounds like it's time for a new windshield.

I'm with old man. Around here there are so many glass places they all want your business. For around $150 I can have a new windshield installed in the parking lot of my work, done the same day I place the call.

Yeah... I can get a windshield done up in Keene NH for $165.

This is what I would use to resurface a windshield:
31%2BnW2SMPhL.jpg

Back