• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEWB steering question ! please help me !

Boneless-Jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
ok so heres what im workin with
'90 cherokee
hpd30
loc-rite
abs shafts
otk jcr 1 ton steering
no sway bar
track bar drop

sounds good right ?
yeah not so much the bastard wont turn right unless I man handle the sh*T out of it any clues as to why this is ? does it have to do with the locker?steering?or is it something else? turns left just fine with the locker skip to it but it just doesnt like going right. thanks guys :twak:

To start, I'd check that the trackbar mount is tight and that the steering box is as well. Make sure there are no cracks in the box mount.

If you rev the engine is it easier to turn?

I would have someown else turn the wheel while you watch the steering, check for any binding or anything loose in the steering or trackbar?

Is your steering box(pitman arm/steering wheel) properly "centered",the valving has a "neutral" spot from which right/left starts from.

Check the engine mount bracket bolts on the driver's side, if the bolts are gone/sheared the engine may be sitting on the steering shaft at times.

Back