• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

yellow ford injector question

sam24th

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I got some yellow ford injectors from the junkyard recently from a V8 crown vic and installed them in my jeep. My jeep now seems to run 3x louder than it was. My old injectors were leaking badly though, and the new ones work great. They I just installed them today. So I guess my question is, should my jeep be a lot louder than my stock ones or what? It sounds almost like a diesel truck now. BTW my jeep is a 4.0 1990 renix.

Well anyone know what might be causing it to run really loud? The jeep seems to be running perfectly fine, infact better than it was to begin with. Basically my jeep sounds like a stock one with straight pipes. (I know what it sounds like from when I chopped the muffler off to replace.) The link you gave me said that the yellow injectors run at 210cc while the stock ones run at 230cc. Could that cause any problems? Also I drove around all day with the new injectors to run errands. I disconnected the batt and reset the ECU already. Any other thoughts?

No need to reset a Renix ECU. They do that every time you turn the key off. How bout getting a piece of hose/tubing about 3 feet long? Stick one end in your good ear and pass the open end over the areas you suspect might be the source of these noises. Let us know what you hear.

ok ill try that tomorrow.

I have a 01 XJ and I ran a bit lean with the 19lb injectors. I'm having better luck with the Dodge Neon 703 injectors. I did not notice any change in the engine sound cept smoother idle. How long have you let the engine run? Reset the ECU? Might just need to readjust.

A website I used to info. Hope it helps.
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92236

kinda obvious your jeep ran lean with 19lb injectors, it came stock with 22lb injectors therefor 19s wont have enough flow. neon injectors are also 22lb so they are correct for you to use on an 01

Nevermind problem solved. It was getting too late last night to thoroughly check it. Turns out my cat converter fell off due to a bad clamp, so basically I was running straight out of the header. I actually didnt even think to check under the jeep.:banghead: Anyways the jeep runs great now other than my hard start issue, which I think is actually a battery problem now. My jeep has a battery thats smaller than stock. :sunshine:

Yup she runs like a champ now. Actually I was just thinking it sounds pretty beastly without an exhaust, but straight pipes are illegal here in NC and I rather keep my cat converter for the environmental aspect of it.

I would watch it for a few days, then pull the plugs and do a plug reading to make sure you aren't running to lean/rich. It is way to easy to fubar an engine by running too lean.

Back