• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grin's garage sale -- Fund my WJ build!!

xj-grin

NAXJA Member #1096
I am short on pictures, since I left my camera at work, so I may update in a day or two, but most of this stuff, you know what it looks like anyways... I'll listen to reasonable offers on everything, just give me a shout! As far as trades go, I am interested in one thing: a 23 spline t-case with a HD SYE (i.e. 231, 241OR, 242HD [02-03 grands])...:D

• 4.6L Stroker long-block -- you know the story if you've read before, rebuilt last winter, but still has a knock, believed to be a wrist pin issue. Head reworked with 3-angle valve job, new bearings, new crower cam and cam-saver lifters. 2003 TJ block. If you have a bit of know-how, this is a deal at $1000
  • H4 headlights and harness -- picked these up from in4anewrigeveryweek, and just want what I paid for em - $100
  • Waggy D44 axle shafts -- these were my trail spares, u-joints seem solid but I just carried them around, never ran them - $50
  • ZJ Leather Heated Seats - full set in Agate leather, I belive out of a 98 limited ZJ. I had the fronts in my rig on XJ sliders (easy), and you can find writeups all day on here on how to get the rears in. Good condition, ebay has a few similar for $250-350, I'll take $200 OBO - look like these, but with rears too... ZJ Leather Seats
  • Sony XM-404eqx 1/2/3/4 Channel amplifier - 40X4 or 100X2 RMS power, easy to use with HPF and LPF - was $200 new, mines more than a little used, but works great - $90 - like this but not as pretty/new: Sony Amp
  • Polk EX speakers - 1 pair of 5.25, 1 pair of 6.5 -- $50 for all.. something like these (no grilles) Polk speakers
  • XJ behind-rear-seat Hi-Lift Jack mount -- made back in the day by formattfab, I think you can find these by some other mfg now and again for around $60 (like this: hi lift -- I'll take $40 for mine, since you know for sure it fits and works! (jack not included)
  • Still have my nifty-thrifty-make-a-bed-in-a-PU-bed-thingy - FREE
  • I have a boatload of TJ engine (4.0) accessories as well (from the last engine swap in the XJ -- let me know if there is something you need and I may well have it...

Pics:

ZJ fronts in XJ (sold the roll bar already, so don't bother asking!):
P9280155.jpg

Truck-bed-bed-thing:
P6050173.jpg

Similar Jack-Mount:
XJhilift.jpg

Stock photo of amp:
h158XM404EQXMT.jpeg

Stock photo of similar speakers (the 6.5's - mine are considerably newer...):
h107EX602A.jpg

PM if interested, and thanks for looking! :thumbup:

pm replied!

Seats sold! - Thanks, Jeremy!

Axleshafts pending sale...

speakers sold, thanks Fred!

Since you picked them up last night, I wouldn't call it "FOREVER", LOL.

pics or it didn't happen. ;)

8 hours!? I'm assuming you got the heat/power wired up then? It took me 15-20 minutes a side to pull the olds, swap bases and put the new leather back in (and vice versa)... the rears take more time, since it is a fit, measure, fit again, measure again drill, fit, measure again... thing. Glad you like em! :thumbup:

Oh yeah, Wiring everything up. Drivers heat doesn't work :( but passenger does.

So I needed uumm 4 wires to the pass side and 3 to the drivers side.

Then I had to fuse everything.

And the rear, just have to drill like 14 holes. Just takes some time to fit right. Then cut off some of the bottum of the seat part to again make it fit right.

that sucks on the drivers heat, man, I had no idea since I never got it wired up... have you tried to find the short? Hopefully that's an easy fix...

I don't see why not, as I don't think there are different part nos for stock lamps, they should bolt in... I'm pretty sure Mike had these in his Greenie. Kiefer is racing to get me funds, so you better get off the pot if you want em! ;)

Cool, I'll likely swing by for a 1/2 hour or so between 3 and 4. The boys have a double-header football game all afternoon, and we are headed to Denver for a friend's 40th b-day bash in the evening... Kiefer thought he'd have funds by Friday, but its always nice to have a backup!

Can anyone tell me if the headlights will work on my 90?
they bolt right up, same as a normal lamp would, just allows you to swap out bulbs of your choice (the fatboys in it are pretty friggen new) and the wiring harness is plug and play)
should take 20 mins to swap everything out

Back