• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are these really XJ leather seats

They look like XJ seats to me. I've been looking at seats for the last 3 months...and they look just like the ones I got...except mine are not leather.

They could have been from a WJ or ZJ?

I would almost swear that these are out of a WJ - comparing them with the ones in my 2000 (which are the only style I've seen in a late XJ), they have something the XJ seats don't: useful side bolsters. The bracketry on the lower part of the rear seat looks more like what I recall seeing in WJs as well. Could be wrong, but they look like they're out of a Grand.

My guess is that this is usual eBay misunderstanding of what constitutes a Cherokee - a lot of sellers assume that if that word is in the name, it's the same as all the rest of them.

They are older xj seats. Had some in a parts jeep out of a 91. Just had both those and normal seats stripped down to the metal frame to swap the leather onto non broken frames and making them nonpopwer. They are indeed 100% the same under that leather.

My guess is that this is usual eBay misunderstanding of what constitutes a Cherokee - a lot of sellers assume that if that word is in the name, it's the same as all the rest of them.

Ugh, that aggravates me the hell out of me. It's like people totally forget there is a world of a difference between Cherokee and Grand Cherokee, but all the parts end up under "Cherokee".

I'll check in the next day or two when I'm back at the junkyard, but I could swear I've seen those same seats in either a ZJ or WJ. That's not to say they weren't factory-fit in XJs - just that they look really similar to a set in a Grand that I was planning on poaching.

Same seats i have in my xj.. Only in dark maroon. what's so hard to believe? They're also Powered..

They're XJ seats, or at the very least already converted for XJ use.

Look at how narrow the bases are, 94 and down. No headrests on the rear, and its not 60/40 split as well

Same seats i have in my xj.. Only in dark maroon. what's so hard to believe? They're also Powered..

Not so hard to believe. I posted as I didn't recognize them because I'm not overly familar with all year XJs. Sounds like they are the real deal. I'm almost condiering them for my '99, but I really did want a split seat if I replaced it all.

They look like XJ seats to me. I've been looking at seats for the last 3 months...and they look just like the ones I got...except mine are not leather.

The ones I got were out of an 87 XJ. They are identical to the seats in my 90 XJ, nice fat side bolsters. Same shape on the back seat, same headrests as the 87 model. XJ seats, earlier model, fer shure.

I'll check in the next day or two when I'm back at the junkyard, but I could swear I've seen those same seats in either a ZJ or WJ.

They are 100% not from a WJ. An early ZJ possible, but doubtful.

Not so hard to believe. I posted as I didn't recognize them because I'm not overly familar with all year XJs. Sounds like they are the real deal. I'm almost condiering them for my '99, but I really did want a split seat if I replaced it all.

These will not be a bolt-in swap on a 99, by the way. The way the front seats mount to the floor changed in 95, but they can be fitted with a little fab work.

Back