• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1988 Comanche MJ

mpro1

NAXJA Forum User
What do think a 1988 4x4 comanche 4.0l auto is worth ???

I looked at one for sale on the side of the road the other day....to see if it had dana 44...it does not.....it is fairly clean and straight though and has what looks like a factory cap on it.....are these thing rare or worth anything????

i think i could get it pretty cheap.

Jason-RJR said:
depends on the condition, they are pretty hard to find, especially a 4x4/4.0/Auto combo

Maybe $1000-1200?

Thanks....i was guessing around that....i love my 90 xj 2dr 5spd.....this thing looks like it could be a cool project....how well do they perform on trails snow ect....not sure if it would be as good as my xj only because i have owned many pick-up 4x4 trucks & they seem to always be light in the a$$ ...

anyone one got any pics of jumped up mj's

87manche said:
it does well on the trail. The leaf springs are longer in the rear, so it flexes ok, especially after you add all your spares/trail gear to the bed.
The wheelbase is nice for climbs, but doing a 20 point turn sucks.
Does the one you're looking at have a 6 or 7' bed?
Here's my LWB on 34x9.5's with 3" lift.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/NSJAMES/DSCF0619.jpg

I don't Know what size bed it is.... says sporttruck on the side.....i did not know they made 2 differ. beds....strange that they made a 6'/7' bed doesn't seem like much difference....most pickups are like 6'or8' bed options..

Here is my longbed MJ with 35's and about 5" of lift. The extra foot difference between the shortbed 6' and the longbed 7' comes mostly in the rear behind the tires. I believe most sporttrucks were shortbeds but don't quote me on that.

SUC50147.jpg

yep, the longbed is mostly after the rear wheels, departure angle sucks, I drag that art of the bed all the time.
longbed it a bit longer between the wheels.
113" wheelbase for the shortbed
120" wheelbase for the longbed.
most longbeds also had the larger gas tank.

Here's my 89 with 5.5" and 32s. Can't say I drag the butt too much, but it's definitely a pickup and a bit lighter in the rear. I paid $1500 for it 3-4 years ago with 178k miles and a bad tranny.
89mj.jpg

Hard to tell on price. Some people think they have the only one in existance and want $4000 for it. $1k to $2k is more realistic, but you didn't state condition. I paid $600 for my 2wd and $1700 for my 4x4. No rust on either. Thats a big thing to look for. Also expect to spend a little coin on repairs, most are neglected and well- old. I had to replace ex manifolds, fix lights, and other electrical gremlins, new speakers, brakes, minor body repairs, etc on both of mine. But thats half the fun to me, cause I love these trucks.
DSCN0838.jpg

Last edited:
After looking at the jeep again it is definatly shortbed model.....not much rust at all..........normal scratching and dull paint ect.....Wrenching is the fun part for me as well......Not that i need another project.......But i think i might make an offer.....well see....

checkout JEEPCOMANCHECLUB.COM for info on the MJ.:cheers:

Back