• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much does your built XJ weigh?

JeepCherokeeGuy99

NAXJA Forum User
I just made a trip to the local landfill to find out how much my xj weighs. I was surprised to find I'm at 3,940 pounds with 1/4 tank of gas and I'm not even 4wd. So, how much does your built xj weigh? 99 xj 2wd with 4.0 and ax-15. I'm at 6.5" lift, winch bumper in front with winch, tomken bumper in rear with tire carrier, sitting on 33"s, 1/4" rear quarter armor w/boxes, and all aftermarket (heavier) front end components, and a bunch of stuff inside. So what are you rolling with that's weighing you down?

Last edited:
4,700lb with me, trail gear and 1/2 tank of fuel.
JCR Offforad bumpers, sliders and armor.
33's on steelies, with a spare on the rear bumper.

Wait... your NOT 4wd?... whys it built then?

Because after 6 other 4wd xj's I've owned the 2wd is much smoother for go fast in the dunes boss. With speed you don't need 4wd, especially if your locked. I've gone through shallow rivers, rock beds, etc. And in the event I get stuck (which I have never before) i have a winch to pull me out. That's why.

Mine weighed 3800.
(Back when it was on 31's, moab rims, short arms, f/r bumpers, tire carrier, sliders and frame stiffeners.)

Before rebuild (1 tons)... was at 5100 lb with me (240lb) and trail trim (steel.. it's what's for dinner)... I'm guessing 6400 lb by the time I'm done with the present build....

Before rebuild (1 tons)... was at 5100 lb with me (240lb) and trail trim (steel.. it's what's for dinner)... I'm guessing 6400 lb by the time I'm done with the present build....

Holy crap, are you gonna make the motor a stroker or what? Haha, your gas mileage must be worse than my 13.5mpg.

IMG_0287.jpg

4060lbs loaded and ready, with nobody in it.

Around town it's 4 to 7 mpg... :) Highway is 11 to 13...

man i hope thats not your DD lol. Do you have 4:56 in them?

5200 lbs
I had 400 lbs of people, camping gear, all my trail tools, tire carrier, winch, sliders, 35s on alloys, 44/9 axles, 6.5" longarm and probably about 3/4 tank of gas.
It's heavy. :guitar:

17-19 highway 13-14 city with a manual trans and 3.50 gears. Yes, 35s on 3.50s. It isn't suicide after all:anon:

3760 empty, D30, D44, 4.0L, AW4, NP231, 35s, Warn M8000 with steel cable, full cage, body mods.

Interested to see what it comes out to now.

3760 empty, D30, D44, 4.0L, AW4, NP231, 35s, Warn M8000 with steel cable, full cage, body mods.

Interested to see what it comes out to now.

hmmm, I wonder why your so light? I'm not 4wd and weigh 200 lbs. more. either way, your lucky! ha

Back