• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

spark my fire

98_XJ_Classic

NAXJA Forum User
What kind of plugs and wires do you run in you xj, I am gettting mixed answers from everyone dont use bosch motorcraft or autolite, then all I sould use is motorcraft, so I need some more opinions please

Champion truck plugs seem to be the accepted standard.

Depends, always provide your BASICS--year/engine/etc., for the best answers.

Distributorless XJ ignitions use NGK V-Fire plugs--00 and 01.

All other years standard Champion plugs appropriate for the year of the head you are using. The heads changed numerous times. Head identification: http://www.enginebuildermag.com/Art...again_the_facts_about_40l_cylinder_heads.aspx or my personal preference is to just use the NGK V-Fire plugs.

As for wires, some like the NAPA wires with lifetime warranty, others spend the big bucks for high performance wires--not needed in a low compression 4.0 engine IMHO, or if you are a cheap bast*d like me and buy the cheapest wires on sale and replace them every two years.

NEVER use a distributor cap with aluminum contacts, always insist on brass contact caps.

Double post.

Back