• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Various lighting issues.

itbrokeagain

NAXJA Forum User
I am having some dome light and trailer light issues.

Lately when going around sharp turns, left or right, my interior lights come on for a few seconds. All doors are shut tight. I have checked several times. No weather stripping is out of place. The doors all line up good. Someone tried to pry the hatch open about 6 months ago but this all started out of nowhere a few weeks ago.

Now the trailer lights. A few months ago, I pulled my 18 foot trailer to pick up some axles. I noticed when I parked at my house that night the driver side tail light on the trailer stayed on. Tonight I pulled my 6x8 and noticed that with my foot off the brake the trailer turn signals blinked with the jeep. With my foot on the brake, they would blink opposite. I checked all trailer grounds and cleaned them. No difference. Both are fine behind my truck.

And finally, sometimes, with left or right on, both turn signals light up on the rear of the jeep. Front is ok. Dash lights only indicate the one that I turned on.

Sorry for the book. Any help appreciated.
98 Xj that had bad front end damage when I got it.
:rtm:

Last edited:
Check all the door/hatch switches, sounds like you have a bad one. As the hatch was tampered with, I would start there.

Remove the trailer connector from the vehicle harness and check your lights--if they are Ok, then that is the source of the problem.

Good luck.

Classic grounding issue. Check all the obvious ones up front, then I believe there is a ground underneath the back seat carpet as well. FSM will give the exact locations to check.

Back