• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater blower replacement

Black2doorXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have been having blower issues on my 94 xj, and I believe the only thing I need to replace now is the blower (intermittant working on all speeds, etc.) How do I get the blower out? Do I have to remove the windshield washer fluid bottle?

No but you might have to remove the collant tank. The blower motor is right under the coolant tank, should be like 3 bolts and some wires.

Zoro said:
No but you might have to remove the collant tank. The blower motor is right under the coolant tank, should be like 3 bolts and some wires.

I just did it on mine, the washer bottle has to be removed but the coolant bottle does not.

IslanderOffRoad said:
I just did it on mine, the washer bottle has to be removed but the coolant bottle does not.

I'm confused here, isn't the blower motor on the passenger side and the washer fluid tank on the driver's side?

Zoro said:
I'm confused here, isn't the blower motor on the passenger side and the washer fluid tank on the driver's side?
Not on the 94 XJ, the washer tank is on the passenger side infront of the blower motor. I have seen a jeep with the coolant tank in that spot though, I think it was a pre-1990 though.

Back