• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leakin

Rocker

NAXJA Forum User
got gas leakin from the front of the fuel filter, took off the hose from the filter to the line, and changed it because it was shot, ran it to the gas station, and it was leakin all over still. cracked fuel filter?

Bad clamp, wrong hose, not tight enough>? Never heard of a cracked filter, although anything is possible. Sure it's leaking there or just dripping from somewhere else and ending up there??

If its a question just replace it they are cheap enough. And replace the other section of rubber line while you are there if yours is an older Cherokee.

Its always a good idea to post pertinent info in your posts. Like the year atleast in this case.

its a 96xj, bought it off a close friend of mine, prior to buying it, this was not happening at all, it sat for a little over a month and i just put it on the road yesterday, i started it up, took off to my friends house and then when i pulled up, it was just pouring out, it is comming right from the fuel filter, becasuse when i stop, and look under it you can just see it flowing right out if it. im thinking just replace the filter and the hoses and clamps before i do anything else?

If that is the only area that it is leaking from replacing those two pieces(filter and other hose) should fix her up nicely then. Let us know what happens

thanks a lot guys, im gonna go out to napa, pick up some parts, throw it on and see how it goes, i think the fuel filters clogged or something, and builds pressure then finds its way through and busts the hose, it split the hose to the line wide open.

Back