• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vacuum line replacement- no hard lines?

neilp1

NAXJA Forum User
Hi

Im putting my '90 XJ through smog in a couple of weeks and am doing some work to get it ready. New exhaust, muffler, O2 sensor etc are being done next week. I noticed some of my vacuum lines are looking a bit weak and figured i would do a full replacement. However, NAPA want $50 for both sets of lines. These are the rigid lines with the soft tube elbow parts and the plastic 'tree'. Kinda steep when i can get replacement soft silicone line from mcmaster-carr for $25. Bonus is that it comes in blue so it'll colour up the engine bay a bit.

Any disadvantages to running soft line through-out the vacuum system and not going with the OEM harness?

Thanks

smog guy's will pay more attention to the blue line, then they would an oem harness... living in cali the emissions system is probably the only thing still stock and unmolested.on my xj.

good point. Im dreading the whole thing to tell you the truth. I got a 'Test-only' notification with my registration application. Maybe keeping it OEM would be best.

As long as it works, it should be fine though, right? they cant fail me for not having OEM tubing, surely?

Thanks

Back