• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fried wiper high speed?

RottenDog

NAXJA Forum User
Did I fry my high speed on my front wiper?

Originally, both speeds for my wipers were the same. By splicing into the white/blue wire just before the wiper motor and harness connection, I got the high speed.

I decided to install a toggle to operate just the high speed. I used the BATT at the fuse box to power and test the toggle setup.
During the process the BATT lost power and the high speed on the wiper motor no longer works. I ran a wire directly from the battery to the wiper motor to test the high speed again resulting in a no go. Slow speed still works.

I tried to slice into the blue wire on the wiper motor side of the wiper connection with a direct 12volt and it still did not work.

How could the BATT die and fry the high speed on the wiper motor?

Did I fry just the high speed on the wiper motor?

89 xj laredo, 2dr

Did you just dump 12 volts into the whole circuit or did you butt splice in the power?

There is a 4.5amp circuit breaker at the bottom of your fuse box, under the dash. check that for continuity with the rigged up wiring connected, and then not connected.

Sounds like the original switch may have fried itself losing the high speed in the first place. If it was me I'd test the switch and replace if necessary but the wiper motor just takes orders from the switch so if it's working at all the MOTOR isn't necessarily fried.

Then I'd fix the wiring the right way.

EMS - I spliced directly into the wiper motor high speed wire and the BATT source on the fuse box.

Paradise - If there is a problem with the circuit breaker, would the slow speed still be working too?

I do not think the switch (the stalk switch, right?) was the problem because the low and and high selection worked, but both speeds were almost the same.

Am I not bypassing the switch altogether by going from a 12v source directing to the motor power wire?

Is it possible for only the low speed on the motor to work and not the high speed?

Back