• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cylinder head freeze plug??

tommy0609

NAXJA Forum User
the other day i get out of my xj and smell antifreeze get to looking and on the back of the head at the fire wall theres a small stream of water just shooting out of the back of my cylinder head. my xj is a 99 sport with only 120,000 miles. i was wondering if the 4.0s has a freeze plug on the back of the head.

You can try some radiator sealing products that would probably do the job depending on how big the hole is. I had to change my just two weeks ago. It turned out to be a worthwhile job letting me clean up some very gooey injection ports on my intake and head. Good luck with the repair.

I'd personally pass on the sealing products and try to isolate and repair the root cause.

You mention that there is a "small stream" of coolant.

Those sealers are very hit and miss, work best on a very small leak, and some of them clog up the cooling system including the heater core.

Find and fix the leak.

i found tha leak it on the freeze plug on the back of the head near the fire wall its a pin size hole i really dont wonna pull the head to fix it it looks like more fun then i wonna have lol

Back