• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need new floor pans ?

6madman

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 91 4 door xj with a bad rear floor pan (cargo area).. The part no.# for the 91 pan is 55345663, but is discontinued.. I did find a rear pan for a 2000,2001 with a part no.# of 55175177 AD. My question is will the 2000 pan fit the 91 model ? or if there is a difference, what are they ?

Where did you find the pan? The ones I have seen fit the 1987-1996 and they are pretty much the same with the exception of the drain/access holes. It's not a big deal.

Last edited:
For smaller holes I found it easier to just cut out the damaged area and install flat pieces to repair it. If the whole floor is rusted out then the whole floorpan has to be replaced :(

Don't forget that Raybuck makes floor pan replacement panels. They divide the floor into 4 pieces. It makes it nice if the only area that needs attention is the rusted floor above the exhaust.

Why not buy some 16 ga flat and a few cutoff wheels? Is there something I'm not thinking of?

ERM, read "rear" and thought "cargo area".
Nevermind.

Last edited:
Yea, I had holes all over mine. I got a sheet of 1/8" thick steel, cut it to fit and welded her down. Then I hurculined over it, and it looks like it was meant to be. I brag that my floors are bullet proof now... although, I have to hope my assassins try and shoot be from under my truck I guess.

The reason I went with a stamped type pan is all the the contours and bends are just like the OEM panel. There are a lot of curves in the XJ floor around the trans tunnel. Mine had a lot of rust right along the base of the tunnel so was able to trim the OEM pan higher to meet the edge of the tunnel.

Yes I could buy some 16ga. steel , hammer and bang away. But in this case I think it would take less time and make a cleaner looking job to just buy the pan and use what I need. The bad spots in mine are around the leaf spring brackets where they meet the pan. The back would be easy enough with flat 16ga. But the front is a different story, thats where it dips down and has tight corners. anyway I was just wondering if anyone used a full pan and where they got it from.

Back