• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ D44 Leaf Spring Plates

Why cant you use what youve already got,were only talking about an 1/8" per side!

XJCHUCK72 said:
I was trying to avoid the dealership, and NAPA online has not come up with anything promising. The RE ones great, but $40 for two pieces of metal, hmmm. I remember my Brother-in-law mentioned a local place and they do u-bolts to.

That's your best bet. Open up the yellow pages and try to find a spring shop nearby. Or go to the junkyard and find ones that'll work for you.

just build some...

I like mine.. I made top and side flairs.. the top flairs prevent bending the side flares help keep the ubolt tight to the leafs...

I used 9/16in Ubolts, cut the whole thing with the oxy torch no drill, they went together fast...

$0.20 a lb for the metal but blew alot of oxygen..
and yess the U-bolts are cut down...

download.php

I used Skyjacker u-bolts for a 1/2 ton Cheby D44 (they are 5/8 stock compared to the SJ 1/2 bolts). I also build my own plates from 4.5 wide flat 3/8 stock because no plates were available to fit the heavyduty 5/8 bolts.

If you do build your own plates, think about a onboard tab to raise the bumpstop impact point to the top of the spring pack. Double-up the 6-inch 0.25 stock and let the excess be the inboard tab. The change makes finding the right bumpstop length much easier. I added the tab as an afterthought (after seeing it on another vehicle) and it is much better than shimming the bumpstop.

Back