• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Water pump and Fan clutch manufacturer?

01din

NAXJA Forum User
How can I tell who actually manufactured the water pump and fan clutch I'm looking at buying through Quadratec/Team Cherokee/Napa....?

I'm trying to replace with OEM parts, but none of them list their maker.

Any recommendations for sub-Hesco parts?

Thanks as always -

I believe Napa makes there own parts, anyone know different?
But there parts always seem to be OEM quality or better, unlike oh oh
O'Really's, autozone, etc.
Not sure about the others

NAPA has their parts made under contract by nationally known manufacturers, but possibly to their (higher?) standards. I bought a set of 'NAPA SensaTrac' shocks, but it was obvious who made them. And, they were priced lower than anywhere else. I like to get stuff at NAPA, as parts are usually by the better known names, unlike 'Duralast' and other brands that, quite often, come from questionable third-world sources.

You could always call Qtec up, I've often done that. They have always been willing to talk brands, specs, etc. I've always found their service and prices to be good. And, you live in the East. Call early enough, and the part might be on your step the next day. Vendors like them take the sting out of keeping twenty year old vehicles on the road!

Make sure you buy a new WP, never a reman from ANYBODY. I too buy most parts from NAPA, fewer comebacks that way.

I've had much better luck with Carquest, NAPA and the dealer than with the other national chains.

I have learned to be careful at NAPA to bring the old part for comparison, they seem to have a few inaccuracies in their applications database.

Thanks for the advice. I never buy REMAN parts for anything on the Jeep, and agree that NAPA's computer systems recommend the wrong part - but I've been able to catch it in the past....

I'll be calling Quadratec tomorrow, and then matching prices against NAPA.

Look on Qtec's website, and if anyone has a better price, including one of their own catalogue, I've had them meet that price. Not saying they'll always do it, but they've done it for me.

Anybody know who makes the pumps and fan clutches that come in a black box marked as a ..... USMW product.

Has rugged ridge / omix ada part numbers.

Back