• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is the diameter of a 2000 XJ engine fan?

Tall Shadow

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for the diameter of the engine (driven) fan on my 2000 XJ 4.0L !?

I'm trying to find out without having to pull the shroud & everything off/out of the way.

Also....what is the overall length of the fan clutch...flange to flange?

Thanks! :geek:
Tall Shadow :dunno:

Twice the radius?

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:Thats a good one!!!!!:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
X2 :roflmao:

I've got one sitting on my passenger seat I need to install tonight, maybe I'll remember to measure it.

EDIT: well, I have an e-fan I need to install anyways, will be in there so I'll measure the mech fan if I remember.

The mechanical fan is 16" and the electrical fan is 12".

The mechanical fan is 16" and the electrical fan is 12".

Thank You!

I'm thinking of going with a spacer (instead of the clutch) and either a carbon fiber -or- metal/plastic flex fan. I drive allot of highway, and bumper to bumper traffic...and I am tired of having to replace the clutches (At least) every 2 years. The under hood heat just kills em', even the HD ones.

Thank You!

I'm thinking of going with a spacer (instead of the clutch) and either a carbon fiber -or- metal/plastic flex fan. I drive allot of highway, and bumper to bumper traffic...and I am tired of having to replace the clutches (At least) every 2 years. The under hood heat just kills em', even the HD ones.

If you do,Never play in deep water!

If you do,Never play in deep water!

And KISS YOUR MILEAGE GOODBYE--at the low RPMs of the 4.0 a flex-fan won't flatten out.

And KISS YOUR MILEAGE GOODBYE--at the low RPMs of the 4.0 a flex-fan won't flatten out.

I was hoping someone wasn't going to tell me that.....

I've used the regular fan clutches, and even tried the HD one....but It seems like I still only get about 1 -to- 1 1/2 years out of them. Then I start to see the signs of their forthcoming failure (Slippage, rising temps when at slow speeds/idle, Etc).

OK....Maybe it's time for an electric fan conversion after all. :looney:

Tall Shadow

Back