• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can you identify this track bar

nota944mechanic

NAXJA Forum User
I recently purchased a highly modified 1998 Cherokee from a used car lot and I can't identify most of the aftermarket parts.

Today, I looked into a knocking sound coming from the front end and determined it was coming from the chassis side track bar bushing.

I need the help of my fellow NAXJA members to identify the part so that I may order a replacement.

Here are some pics:
(The third pic is of the worn part)
e50e312e.jpg

4f06141e.jpg

7d86492f.jpg

Thank you

Rubicon Express, I'm pretty sure the part number is RE 1660.

RE.

its the trac bar or the bracket making noise? grab the bar and wiggle it, see if there is slop. check and see if the bushing is worn, see if the diameter of the mount, bushing sleeve, and bolt are all the same (if not, there could be noise. ask me how i know) diameter.

check that the bracket is tight.

x2 looks like all the suspension stuff is RE. it looks like its the RE longarm kit that was upgraded to the 7.5" version maybe :dunno:

Thank you, I was wondering if that stuff is Rubicon Express. It may be a 7.5" lift as I have trouble climbing in and I'm 6'2", but I'm not really sure to be honest.

I have a power steering leak and it has eaten a few of my dust boots, does anyone know where I can get replacements? I'm sure local parts stores have them, the question is how do I know which ones are correct?

Sorry for the rookie questions, I still have a lot to learn about Jeeps.

Dust boots on what? if they are factory parts, just tell them the make, model, year and engine & they will set you up.
If they aren't - more photo ID games.
My vote is also for RE 1660 on the track bar & RE long arms on the lift.

if that bushing is clunking, you can remove the trackbar, loosen a small allen bolt, and using a small phillips head screwdriver or small chisel and a hammer, turn the ring on the side of the bushing to the next notch to tighten it up. if it doesnt make sense, it will when you see it. if you let it get too bad, youll get death wobble.

if that bushing is clunking, you can remove the trackbar, loosen a small allen bolt, and using a small phillips head screwdriver or small chisel and a hammer, turn the ring on the side of the bushing to the next notch to tighten it up. if it doesnt make sense, it will when you see it. if you let it get too bad, youll get death wobble.

Interesting. I will look into that tomorrow, thanks for the tip.

Back