• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Head pipe issue

yjnick95

NAXJA Forum User
It is a 2000 xj 4.0 aw4 4x4. Here is my issue the head pipe between the manifold and the converter need replaced because the p.o. weld some junk converter on it and muffler rotted out. I can't find anyone that makes them aftermarket. Mine was build 1-13-00 so it has the two manifolds with a two into one pipe that is one piece that goes over to the converter.like the 99 and older xj's.It all only use two o2 sensors. Any ideas where i can buy one or has any one convertered to the older style? I did call the dealer $750.00 and some change. They told me only fits a very small amount of early 00 and xj only. Thanks for the help in advanced.

Stop by the junkyard and pick up a good used pipe. I don't see why can't use an extension tube or adapter tube from the auto parts store to replace the damaged area. Any muffler shop can make up a custom fitted repair tube.

I think Walker has something... look for Walker #52304. I can't confirm it but that appears to be the head pipe assembly with the 2 cats. $202 from rockauto.com

oh, was thinking you meant the california exhaust. since the dealer quoted you $750.

For the front pipe, from the exhaust manifold back to the single cat, try walker 52439. $52 from rockauto.

Last edited:
Thanks guys but walker does not make them for my early 00. I did try the local junk yards. Even the jeep yard near me. Just turn up the other two designs but not mine. Thnaks again.

Back