• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

State of the NWC

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Well it's already July, and now that Northwest Fest is behind us, I thought it would be a good time to check in and see how we're (as a chapter) doing. I also wanted to use this thread as a discussion for the rest of the year.

NWF: Northwest Fest this year was a huge success, and I had a blast. Thanks to everyone who made it out to support the NWC. We did very well with the raffle, and I'm looking forward to seeing what we can do for a land use cause towards the end of the year.

Runs: I made a post at the beginning of the year to outline some of our big runs planned for the year (found HERE). I was hoping it would be a little more filled in by this point, but we still have time to get some more runs planned.

Liberty: I have Liberty penciled in for a possible run for August. Is there any interest in getting a group together maybe towards the end of the month to check out Liberty? There was a lot of interest in the "NWF Location" thread about Liberty, so I thought it would be worth talking about. Maybe use this oppurtunity to do some "research" for next years NWF location.

TTCW: Another event happening in August is Team Trophy Challenge Washington. Has anyone gotten a team together for that event? I may be voted off the team for breaking the silence, but Mojojojo, Los Lobos, RC, and I will be competing in this years TTCW event. Because of the timing with the event, I won't be up for another Liberty run in August, so if there is interest in a run someone else will need to step up for the planning.

TSF: I'd like to get a decent sized TSF run planned for maybe early September. I was thinking we could do a Thursday-Sunday run, and maybe check out Sandlake for a day too. Keep it relaxed, but get some members together to run TSF and hit the dunes. Interest?

Evans: I know in years past there's been a annual "Oktoberfest" run at Evans Creek. Maybe we could do this again this year. Personally, I'm really wanting to head back to Evans before the end of the year. I figure add some rain and mud into the mix, and it could be a fun trip. Interest?

Does anyone have any other suggestions or ideas for some chapter runs?

Meet-N-Greets
: Yes, we've been slacking on the M&Gs. I know we're overdue for one in the PDX area, and I'm sure the north end would benefit from one too. Anyone wanna volunteer to get something going for either end? I was thinking maybe we could do something on a Saturday for a few hours. Have it at a park, and do a pot luck style lunch. I believe it was in 07' when the north end had a "Scratch-N-Dent" show, and it seemed like it went over pretty well.

Forum: Any complaints or suggestions for the forum? Aside from doing a bit of spring cleaning awhile back, I think we're in good shape. I may start cleaning up the Local Rig Directory to get rid of some of the clutter buried in it. I'll leave old posts, but the useless posts knocking on peoples rigs, and asking questions will be deleted. Basically, I'd like to see the thread return to it's original intention of being a rig directory for our area.

Membership
: Thank you to everyone who has joined or renewed this year. Your support is greatly appreciated. I don't know if you guys caught wind of it, but NAXJA just recently donated $5000 toward the fight for Tellico. Your membership dues do matter! The BOD is slacking this month in selecting a membership prize, but we'll get one chose here soon for the July-August give-away.

Just a little update on where we stand. Now that NWF is over, I'm curious what you want to see happen for the rest of the year.

Dustin

I'd be down for a run at Liberty in August.

Don't have much else to add in regards to your post though, you're pretty spot on. And I can't say I have any time to volunteer to do more stuff right now.

~Scott

TSF: I'd like to get a decent sized TSF run planned for maybe early September. I was thinking we could do a Friday-Sunday run, and maybe check out Sandlake for a day too. Keep it relaxed, but get some members together to run TSF and hit the dunes. Interest?

Meet-N-Greets: Yes, we've been slacking on the M&Gs. I know we're overdue for one in the PDX area, and I'm sure the north end would benefit from one too. Anyone wanna volunteer to get something going for either end? I was thinking maybe we could do something on a Saturday for a few hours. Have it at a park, and do a pot luck style lunch. I believe it was in 07' when the north end had a "Scratch-N-Dent" show, and it seemed like it went over pretty well.

X2

I'd be down for a run at Liberty in August.

Don't have much else to add in regards to your post though, you're pretty spot on. And I can't say I have any time to volunteer to do more stuff right now.

~Scott

x2

TTCW: Another event happening in August is Team Trophy Challenge Washington. Has anyone gotten a team together for that event? I may be voted off the team for breaking the silence, but Mojojojo, Los Lobos, RC, and I will be competing in this years TTCW event. Because of the timing with the event, I won't be up for another Liberty run in August, so if there is interest in a run someone else will need to step up for the planning.

Looks like you can to Liberty, TTCW is cancelled:

http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48139&page=7

From the link:
Dirtball said:
banghead.gif
Unfortunatly TTCW 2010 has been canceled due to lack of the requiered number of needed team entries. But we fully intend to be back in 2011 with a new and improved format & location. Those that have already paid for this years event will be receiving either their checks back (for those we have not cashed) or a full refund (check for those we have cashed).

Please send us any information you think will help us improve this event to atract more teams. This includes your recomendations as to the best weeked to hold it. www.ttcw.org

I was so stoked for that event. What a let down. (n)

It'd be awesome to at least get a few more meet n greets in.

I still haven't ever met 99% of you and I don't see myself getting out for a ton of actual wheeling until I beef the rig up a wee bit more.

the useres of the forum seem to be "click'd up" i wish it wasent so. i have made sevral atempts to help get a feiw of us conected. "it never seems to go well." When sceduling a run, the first post by some of the eldors get hudge responces. "great for indivudal popularaty." just seems like if you not an eldor of the club "pre 07," it is almost immpossable to get a decent amount of people together.

forum edicate is way off balance. eg. @ NWFest there was alot of smak talk going around camp. cool beans, all in good fun. im cool with that. not a single person i met or camped with felt the need to confront. but as soon as i got home there was loads of smack talk, all over the forums.

i dont understand??? if were cool, lets be cool. i see no need to keep formalitys in person, if the edicate/attitude on the forums are what they are.

i alwase have a blast on club outings. and i have never met, in person, somewon from the club that i would not put myself around agin. the things that get said on the forums. honastly makes it hard to keep it up in this club.

i guess what im saying is. if any of us has a problem with another member. it needs to be braught to there attention. directly! we shouldent be smiling in each others faces, then spitting on there back when they turn around. also we souldent be using our computers as wepons. if your gunna shoot. lets dual it out face to face. seems like alot of usless drama to me.

Save the Drama For Yo Mamma.

on the trail, all is well. alwase a good time. people are alwase willing to help in a bad situation. somtimes it's not as organized as some would like. but thats what happens when you get mass people together for runs.

M&G are lacking, i agree. im so far south compared to the masses, most likely the m&g setup will not be in my favor. so i cant say much on that. beings its so hard for me to show.

i think we need more members that are going to treat this as a "club" and not just a place to hangout/vent.

just my opinion. not trying to single anybody out. just some observations.

wheel on!
Bronze.

not a single person i met or camped with felt the need to confront. but as soon as i got home there was loads of smack talk, all over the forums.
I can explain this quite easily.

I'm a bigger person online:rtm:

Westside.jpg

Also down for a Liberty run!!!! We need more runs. I have a couple planned for next month. I'll post up when i get details figured out!

Well it sounds like there's some interest in both a Liberty run and TSF run later in the Summer.

I have no problem with planning a TSF run. We just need to nail down a date that works for most people. We could easily just do a typical Friday-Sunday camp out at TSF, or try to work a day at Sandlake into the mix too. I'm just going to throw out the weekend of August 28-29?

Liberty however, would take some commitment. I just have to question how "enjoyable" Liberty would be in August (dry heat, dust, and hill climbs). We'd also need at least one person who's familiar with the trails. I could try to go off memory from two years ago, but that may make for a long day. Do you guys think it would be better to try and plan a Liberty run more towards the middle of September instead (9/18)?

Well it sounds like there's some interest in both a Liberty run and TSF run later in the Summer.

I have no problem with planning a TSF run. We just need to nail down a date that works for most people. We could easily just do a typical Friday-Sunday camp out at TSF, or try to work a day at Sandlake into the mix too. I'm just going to throw out the weekend of August 28-29?

Liberty however, would take some commitment. I just have to question how "enjoyable" Liberty would be in August (dry heat, dust, and hill climbs). We'd also need at least one person who's familiar with the trails. I could try to go off memory from two years ago, but that may make for a long day. Do you guys think it would be better to try and plan a Liberty run more towards the middle of September instead (9/18)?
Yes and Yes:wave:

Liberty in Sept sounds great. I'm in

Holy crap a thread where peoples spelling and grammer didn't get hammered yet. I think we're progressing.

Ok I'm up for some runs and I could get a M&G together. M&G would be in Wilsonville so maybe we can draw from the valley our XJ Brothers and Sisters. I will do a BBQ at my place. Depending on what people want to help me out with I can do pulled pork, baby backs, chicken and/or ????? When I firm it up I will post more if there is interest.

Karlos aka LOS LOBOS

Being so new to this club and sport I have no idea about Liberty, though I would be down for a trip there. I also would like to do some more M&G's simply because I like to put a face to the screen name. I want to do some camp outs even if there just M&G camps or wheeling camps. TSF is always fun, as well as sand lake. Lets do some snow runs for sure since that wasn't mentioned! I would also like to see some night runs either TSF or Snow runs. Other then that I'm game for whatever. Id be down to lead snow runs too, Dustin you know I'm game for that and I promise no Snow runs from hell....IE 14 hour runs LOL. Im sure Ill have more to add, but a big hats off to those who work hard to make Naxja such a great place to hang out and for all the work setting up runs and functions! :clap:

We'd also need at least one person who's familiar with the trails. I could try to go off memory from two years ago, but that may make for a long day. Do you guys think it would be better to try and plan a Liberty run more towards the middle of September instead (9/18)?

3 years ago now.

I nominate the the unofficial official navigator guys (Hans and Michael) to get us lost...:eyes: I mean back to camp safely.

Ok I'm up for some runs and I could get a M&G together. M&G would be in Wilsonville so maybe we can draw from the valley our XJ Brothers and Sisters. I will do a BBQ at my place. Depending on what people want to help me out with I can do pulled pork, baby backs, chicken and/or ????? When I firm it up I will post more if there is interest.

Karlos aka LOS LOBOS
Spoken like a true upcoming Prez. :D

If you're up for it Karl, I'm sure it would be a good time. Let me know if I can help.

Lets do some snow runs for sure since that wasn't mentioned! I would also like to see some night runs either TSF or Snow runs. Other then that I'm game for whatever. Id be down to lead snow runs too, Dustin you know I'm game for that and I promise no Snow runs from hell....IE 14 hour runs LOL.
mmm... snow. :cool:

I wanted to get more group snow runs going last winter, but mother nature didn't cooperate too much. I was able to get a few awesome runs in though, and plan on doing the same again this year. We'll have to drag some of the PDX guys across the river for some snow runs up here.

3 years ago now.

Wow, it's already been three years!

Back