• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Tow Bars

kinlawk

NAXJA Forum User
O.K. so i want to take to XJ to the beach this weekend and was thinking of making a set of tow bars for flat towing. My question for yall is what is the distance between the rear of the tow rig and the front of the XJ. What size tubing? I have 1.5x2.5x3/16 square tubing, but I think this is overkill? The tow bars will be mounting to my front custom bumper to the D-ring tabs.

100_2916-1.jpg

The tabs are 3/4" thick and go into the bumper 7" and are welded all the way around with 3-3/8" fillet welds. The bumper is mounted to the frame with 6 factory bolts (frame side plated), 4- 1/2" bolts and 2-3/4" bolt.

Thanks for any help,

Keith Kinlaw

If you were to enlarge the pin size to 1 inch you could use the same towbar at the military hummers and other light to medium wieght vehicles.

I have everything to make the tow bar, and don't even know where to start looking for one of those. I also would like to use it this weekend.

Back