• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trail debris in air ducts - need cleaning advice

auswee

NAXJA Forum User
Last week I was driving through a field with a bonehead buddy of mine and he decided it would be a great idea to turn the AC on full blast because he was hot. The field was covered with 4 foot tall weeds, and now my air ducts are filled with wheat chaffs and other weed debris. I did some searching of various forums but I can't find anything about cleaning out the air ducts. I'm sure this has to be a common problem.

I'm wondering if I should close off the vents, open one at a time, blow air through while vacuuming them out from the inside? Has anyone else had plant materials or other tiny trail debris in their vents? How did you clean it out?

:dunno:

Thanks, in advance!

just pull all the screws holding the dash bezels over your gauges and pull the remaining screws from the entire dash "pad" pull it off, the vent grills are attached to this. run your fan on high then vacuum up whats left...

just pull all the screws holding the dash bezels over your gauges and pull the remaining screws from the entire dash "pad" pull it off, the vent grills are attached to this. run your fan on high then vacuum up whats left...
That might work for earlier ones, but his is a 2001.

OP, I would use a vacuum. You can pry the vents from the dash using a small screw driver at the pivot pin. You might be able to get most of it out. And you also might want to take the cowl cover off and vacuum inside there.

Back