• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new to harlen help!!!

doinwell

NAXJA Forum User
hi im new to harlen and trail riding all together , ive always went muddin but never any rocks. ive been building my 01 4dr xj for a while now and need help. ive got rustys 3 inch kit 31" wild countys front winch bumber an 8.5 winch, aussie in 8.25 out back and quik discos. what else would make harlen better when ive got another 1k to spend? p.s. goin with samurais locked on 33's

do you have tow points in the rear JIC? and i would suggest an aussie in the front axle as well, rocks and uneven terrain can put the axles in angles mud never does and make you slip if your open in the front, it will make a big difference. and make sure you have spare stuff (u joints, driveshaft, axleshafts, spare tire, etc) dont want to get out there and break and cant fix it...rocks are not as forgiving as mud :D

well i was gunna get another aussie and finish my lift to 4.5 tcase skid, and rear rock bumper, i have a spare tire can get u joints at local parts store but i guess best place for those other parts are junkyard?

thinkin that since my rig has zero blimishes, i should look into sumpthin else ?

yeah armor and balls hahaha j/k yeah if you fear body damage stay off the trail and stick to the muddin

yeah armor and balls hahaha j/k yeah if you fear body damage stay off the trail and stick to the muddin

The only thing I am worried about keeping straight are the rear quarters until I get armor for them. :D

He has a good point! :rof:

I stopped caring about body damage after Tellico (RIP), especially after the cables on gaurdrail tore a foot long gash in my bedside. My land yacht looked like the titanic!

I stopped caring about body damage after Tellico (RIP), especially after the cables on gaurdrail tore a foot long gash in my bedside. My land yacht looked like the titanic!

Was that 07 Crawl?

that might have been the rockhard run.
possibly the crawl.

it was an awesome bit of trail carnage.

Yea guardrail was a wicked obsticle.

Back