• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how many ohms for the CPS?

stockli

NAXJA Forum User
We are going to ohm out the CPS to make sure that it is not faulty. How many ohms resistance should we look for?

Thank you for the link! Im at my wits end over here so I didnt look it up myself, thank you for the help!

While measuring the resistance is a good check, it is far from 100% accurate.

We had 0 ohms Im not sure whats up with this, broken wire?

0 ohms is near impossible. You sure it wasn't OL? 0 ohms is a perfect conductor, which doesn't exist. If a conductor is good, you'll pick up test lead resistance which is usually .2-.4 ohms.

40,000,000 ohms is usually considered OL as well, but most multimeters won't even read that high.

well we yanked the cps and most of the plastice around the sensor is busted all to hell.

Im thinking this may be the issue.

Easy easy lol

On the plus side we found a hilarious mix tape in the glove box so that makes it worth it right there

We are going to ohm out the CPS to make sure that it is not faulty. How many ohms resistance should we look for?

Yeah, this would be another TEACHING MOMENT.

Really good time when the person starting a thread should share the year/engine/blah/blah BASICS with the rest of the class.

THE CORRECT RESISTANCE IS YEAR DEPENDENT.

its an 89 limited

We are so frustrated with this we are hoping for at least a start up after we replace the CPS

We are still learning this jeep thing. I appreciate the help. Every time I learn one thing this jeep throws another one my way.

Back