• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pic of 96 engine bay with ABS.

Kiefer316

NAXJA Forum User
I need a picture of a 96 engine bay. I have found two plugs of which don't have homes. They were cut and have wires that lead to something. One is on the pass side firewall. and the other is on the drivers side fender very first plug on the big wire harness. I am thinking these are the causes of my CEL. Either those or my ECU is trashed... But it still runs and drives.:dunno:

Thanks in advance. Oh yeah 4.0 also. Dunno if it matters but its an SE with auto trans.

P1491=Radiator Fan Control Relay Circuit
P0443=Evaporative Purge Solenoid Circuit
The fan circuit, you're gonna hafta do some homework, unless someone who's dealt with this chimes in.
The wires you've found on the pass. firewall went to a purge pump, to evacuate the charcoal cannister that should also be there. I can hear it run in my '96, mostly at idle, or other high vacuum times. It stares the vapors from the gas tank, and pumps them (or lets them be drawn) into the engine when it isn't calling for power. See if you still have the can.

100_1350.jpg

100_1355.jpg

I gave you a choice of connector colors. You say you still have the canister. The colored plug goes to the pump above it. Make sure it's still there. If it is, just plug it in and see what happens.

Back