• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ABS swap help

SeansXJ

NAXJA Forum User
im trying to get a little help here, the swap is pretty straight forward i know this. my only question is to the guys that have done this swap. the line from the drivers side fender goes directly into the abs pump, how are you routing this to the prop valve from a 96? my abs prop valve only has one line going into in from the abs pump, unlike a standar system where both lines go directly into the prop valve. the only way i see it possible would be to get the hard line from a donor as well. the coupler on the line from the firewall is fine, i will just tap into that, im just lost on the drivers side. i will post a pic to show what im talking about.
35464_1217435935762_1824794664_416435_8263601_n.jpg

thanks in advance!
Sean

So I'm confused, are you eliminating the ABS in your '90 and upgrading to the '96 booster, or are replacing the ABS with a newer ABS module?

swapping the abs for non abs..

have you done this swap?

Yes I put a '95 booster in my '91.

I was confused because you were talking about the ABS prop valve, are you not using the prop valve from the '96?

This might help you. http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1035858

I know the old drivers line did some funky path that went behind the Bendix modulator, but I got rid of that and just did a hardline from the softline to the prop valve, like the stock routing in my '99.

Last edited:
Yes I put a '95 booster in my '91.

I was confused because you were talking about the ABS prop valve, are you not using the prop valve from the '96?

This might help you. http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1035858

I know the old drivers line did some funky path that went behind the Bendix modulator, but I got rid of that and just did a hardline from the softline to the prop valve, like the stock routing in my '99.

yeah i pulled the 96 prop valve too..
35422_1216961203894_1824794664_415646_4517953_n.jpg

i get what your saying..so you bent up a whole new line for the drivers side?

Yep, I just bent a new line up, its a fairly short line, so its not as much of a pain as the passenger line snakes around the firewall is. That link I posted has a good reference as to where the lines go into the new prop valve, incase you had any problems or issues with that. I know that xjtrailrider and I posted up reversed locations to the pass and driver lines, but I don't think that the position of those lines matters, as both front lines receive the same braking forces. He said he checked the routing on his '96 parts vehicle, and I had gone out and checked the stock routing on my '99.

i ended up lucky and not having to use any new lines, just had to bend to fit, still gotta double flair em. heres a reference for someone starting to dig into this.
37316_1219547228543_1824794664_420870_2750471_n.jpg

Back