• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mounting Lumina Z34 hood Vents?

beer_goggles_009

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
How have others attached the Z34 hood vents to their hood? Specifically how did you attach the side without mountinhg tabs (4 tabs) below the hood?

Did you use some king of adhesive/RTV to hold the other side in place?

Did you rig up a mount off of the factory drip pan bosses?

Other mounting ideas

Thank you

Jim

Images below for clarification:

picture of vents in place
DSCN3564.jpg

Vents from the bottom notice the three tabs (top side of picture) that will be used to mount one side of the vents
DSCN3565.jpg

close up of the bottom side of the vents. Notice that there is no easy way to fasten vents to the hood.
DSCN3566.jpg

Any Ideas?

Sorry for not getting back with you. I ended up notching my holes for the vents on the non-tabbed side so I could utilize the threaded studs. I used bolts and a washer stack to secure that side. I will try and get pics for you tomorrow of the underside. I ended up with a slight gap between the vent and the hood, but I filled it in with redneck bondo aka RTV.

Here is what i finally ended up doing to mount the hood vents:

i used 2 of the tabs with a bolt, washer and nut to secure the vents to the hood.

on the non tabed side I bent a large fender washer:

DSCN3568.jpg

then stacked a few miscellaneous small washers and the bent fender washer on the origional bolt that attaches the drip pans:

DSCN3572.jpg

overall shot underhood:

DSCN3571.jpg

did you mount the drip pans? I dont like how the drip pans fit really tight to the bottom of them. I feel like it would prevent air flow. im trying to figure out a way i can mount the drip pans with a gap between them and the vents/hood.

Back