• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mickey Thompson Sidebiter question

blaker_99

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking at getting these rims (mt sidebiter) my question is with running 3" of lift and 31x10.50 will a rim 15x8 with 3.31" backspacing be ok to use ? is 3.31 more towards the fenders than 4.75?

I hate that M/T uses that backspacing on most of their wheels, it just sticks out a bit too much.

With 31's, look for something with 4-4.5" of backspacing.

You also should go with a 7" rim with that size tire.

thats a matter of oppinion, i run 31x10.50s on an 8 wide rim and air down regularly. i have never had a problem. butit also depends on how brave you are, i carry 2 full size spares at all times.

backspacing is what you want. i feel the more the better and i like the wide stance look. though with only 10.50 wide tires you can get away fine with 4" of backspacing, or even stock rims. offset is determined by backspacing and rim size, its really not a super important measurement. in case your confused:
https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

Stay with a 8" rim, this way you can go up with tire size...A 13.50 would work with a 8" rim.. Mine are 12.50's and the wifes are 11.50's both jeeps have 8"rims..I would go with 4" or 4.5" backspace

8" wide will be OK. Especially if he ever plans to go larger.

**Looks like I did respond soon enough

well thanks for all the responses. well it looks like the MT sidebiters are out of the question with the 3.31" backspacing as they will be way to wide of a stance. kind of sucks cause i like the rims. any other recomendations?

Hey not trying to jack the thred or anything but everyone here seems to know what they are talking about with the back spacing and all but... I just ordered 15"x10" with 4" back spacing, soft 8"s with 33x12.50R15" on them is that gonna be ok?

Last edited:
^^ Shoulda went 15x8", but other than that, you're fine.

Thanx man!!! I just got the 10" wide cause MT saya 8.5-11 but perfered 10" on their listing on the tire?

And thanx again and sorry was not trying to jack just thought the right people were here to awnser!!! Sorry.

Well I guess I'll have to talk to a tech At MT and see what the actual backspacing is because the three websites that i've looked at are all saying different numbers. Would 3.75 be alright?

Well I guess I'll have to talk to a tech At MT and see what the actual backspacing is because the three websites that i've looked at are all saying different numbers. Would 3.75 be alright?

Its just gonna look goofy with that size tires.You should get 4-4.5"BS !

Back