• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

injector connectors

RenegadeT

NAXJA Forum User
is there any trick to getting the connectors off the injectors (95XJ 4.0L)? I've been wiggling, but if I pull any harder, I feel like something is gonna give and it won't be pretty. I don't see any latches or clips, whats my problem?

there should be a square clip that is enclosed in the harness side of the plug that holds them together. I usually use a dental pick to pull it from the plug (at which time, it usually flies across the engine bay)

if the clip you are talking about is a thin metal one, the reason it flies away is because they arent supposed to be removed, all you need to do is press the metal towards the plug to release it on the sides,

hope that makes sense?

It's still a pain in the butt if you try it that way. Most common and easiest way is to pry one side away from the connector and keep your hand in front of it to keep it from flying away.

That's because you have poltergeists and need a priest.:)

I've had G.H.I. and T.A.P.S. out to look for gremlins, poltergeists, goblins, full bodied apparitions, and other spooks-- my shop is clean!

actually, as others have said, if you pull the clips correctly, they are easy to remove without drama. You can squeeze the sides and pull backwards-or- you can pull ONE side with a dental pick and free the clip from the harness enough to remove the plug easily.

Back