• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EVANS NPG+ COOLANT

safn1949

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone ever used this coolent? https://www.evanscooling.com/html/auto1.htm
Now fellas,I'm an old fart and cranky:soapbox: I have posed this question elsewere and have got a load of manure from different folks,soooo,the facts please.Take the time to read about the product before telling me it's crap please.Thanks for your help,great forum:cheers:

My dads old as dirt too, and he ran it in his TJ for a while....It was very expensive to have converted over and he didnt like it, so he had it all drained out... ..They recommend you run a 165 stat and after all that it still ran hot.

Seemed like a waste of money to me...
IMG_0321.jpg

I run it in my 65 mustang with a .040 over 347 stroker in my 289 block. If you change to the NPG you need to get ALL of your water/coolant out of the system. You probably already know but it is a 100% waterless coolant. The guy from evans said that I could run WITHOUT a t-stat and I only needed to run a t-stat if my car did not run hot enough. That should give you a general idea about the cooling capabilities. I also switched from a 16# cap to a 7# cap as evans said. I only have 500 miles on my 5 1/2 year restoration (just recently finished) so it is like my child (I don't have kids), it gets only the best. Is evans worth the $ for a daily driver? Probably not but my .040 over 347 stays at the right temp, even in the AZ summers

my65289stang said:
I run it in my 65 mustang with a .040 over 347 stroker in my 289 block. If you change to the NPG you need to get ALL of your water/coolant out of the system. You probably already know but it is a 100% waterless coolant. The guy from evans said that I could run WITHOUT a t-stat and I only needed to run a t-stat if my car did not run hot enough. That should give you a general idea about the cooling capabilities. I also switched from a 16# cap to a 7# cap as evans said. I only have 500 miles on my 5 1/2 year restoration (just recently finished) so it is like my child (I don't have kids), it gets only the best. Is evans worth the $ for a daily driver? Probably not but my .040 over 347 stays at the right temp, even in the AZ summers

Did you run regular coolant in it before the NPG stuff? What is the right temp for your .040 over 347 during an AZ summer?

sound like a good produce but how much $$$$
and how would you get all the coolant out of the eng?

If you were in the middle of rebuilding you eng there wouldn't be any problem......it already drain!

is it compatible with water....even though it don't us it?

I read some wires in that article, specific heat and specific gravity differences between NPG and EGW coolants, required theoretically to increase NPG’s coolant flow approximately 27% over that for EGW(water based coolant) to remove equal amounts of heat from the engine.

dus that me you need a a 27% bigger radiator or just a faster spinning water pump???????

Being able to run hotter temp, is a plus!

Shaggy's XJ said:
Did you run regular coolant in it before the NPG stuff? What is the right temp for your .040 over 347 during an AZ summer?
I ran coolant in the same system .040 over with the 289, when I put the 347 rotating assy in my 289 I rebuilt it again so I had a fresh start with no coolant in the block passages, put in a new heater core and radiator. It runs at 180*-no warmer than 190* with a 180* t-stat. A 210* t-stat in your jeep would keep it under wraps.

Flash- According to evans there can not be ANY water in the system. If you start running it make sure the dude at the alignment shop doesn't try to top off your coolant with water after his test drive. It comes with a sticker for your rad cap that reads something like, "STOP do not add water!"

Just a nether thought about this coolant.

If you can safely run temp high say for 180 to say 220 or so.

the hotter the coolant the better that or the faster the radiator can cool it!
so if you could run the eng at 220* the coolant or eng would be more apt to hold, radiator keep it at that temp then it would with coolant w/waters solution at 220+

I like the idea but still haven't heard a price yet!:spin1:

to be honest... i wouldnt go with it. After knowing the properties of water, its truely amazing. I doubt there will be any product better.... just add some water wetter to ur normal 50/50 mix, and u'll be set

Back