• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

opinions/suggestions on my lift?

blazinjames

NAXJA Forum User
so im a piecing together a lift for a 95 jeep cherokee.

so far i have 3.5in rubicon express coils
and im going to make a bastard pack with xj leafs and use shackles.
im going to install a SYE and use a front drive shaft from a junk yard XJ

is there anything else I need?

control arms (extended lower, or both lowers and uppers)
extended break lines
adjustable track bar (or redrill the hole)
sway bar disconnects (or a drop, simply remove the rear)

bump stop accordingly

your going to need clamps and new center pins for that bastard pack. maybe the plate and longer u bolts too. you will not need a dropped pitman or trac bar drop.

:doh:

i knew i was forgetting something! look at lifts around the same height and see what they all offer. thats a good starting point. the rear is fairly simple to do. though your going to want to install your lift and SYE before measuring for the proper drive shaft. but the front may be a bit more involved. your going to want an adjustable trac bar (or to redrill the hole) no questions asked. and your going to want control arms that are the proper length to recenter your axel. fixed will more than suffice. if your going to fork out for adjustable uppers/lowers just cut out the middle man, spend an extra $300, and get long arms (i know others will disagree especially at your lift height, but thats my opinion for anyone looking to get new arms).

instead of shackles i might recomend shackle relocation brackets in the rear. they will give you a bit of lift as well, and your stock shackles will work fine.if you ever decide to go bigger in the rear (and like your leaf pack) you can always add bigger shackles down the road. but the brackets are HIGHLY recommended either way.

BTW... !!!1 your post count says your not new here.

if your going to fork out for adjustable uppers/lowers just cut out the middle man, spend an extra $300, and get long arms (i know others will disagree especially at your lift height, but thats my opinion for anyone looking to get new arms).

look at that, we agree again.

I also wanted to lift this for a cheap as possible as I am planning on swaping dana 60s onto in a year once im done installing a new engine im rebuilding..

but im starting to see that you cant really lift it for that cheap if you want to do it right and if you are worried about overall performance

instead of shackles i might recomend shackle relocation brackets in the rear. they will give you a bit of lift as well, and your stock shackles will work fine.if you ever decide to go bigger in the rear (and like your leaf pack) you can always add bigger shackles down the road. but the brackets are HIGHLY recommended either way.

why are the relocation brackets recommended over shackles?

instead of shackles i might recomend shackle relocation brackets in the rear. they will give you a bit of lift as well, and your stock shackles will work fine.
I have to disagree with this. You get better flex with longer shackles. The shackle box mod is a good one but you will still have short stock shackles which will limit articulation. With the proper springs the longer shackles will be of greater benefit.

why are the relocation brackets recommended over shackles?
they arent recomended over shackels, as they work in conjuction with shackles. but they are meant to give your shackles the proper angles.
I have to disagree with this. You get better flex with longer shackles. The shackle box mod is a good one but you will still have short stock shackles which will limit articulation. With the proper springs the longer shackles will be of greater benefit.
this is true, but it depends on what main spring he decides to run for his bastard pack. id prefer a shorter shackle and a better angle for better ride quality than a long vertical or horizontal shackle. ive seen quite a few pictures of people running the brackets on stock shackles and claiming they love it.

apples to oranges... run what you want.

Back