• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel rail compatability

jmeti000

NAXJA Forum User
I swapped in a 97 engine into my 87 not to long ago but kept everything else renix. I noticed that the bar I made to hold the fuel rail is actually causing the rail to sit crooked, and consequently the injectors arent sitting all the way straight in the ports. They arent leaking, just sitting pointing a downwards. Ive checked and rechecked everything else and am wondering if this might have something to do with why it feels a little....gutless.

I seem to remember a thread somewhere on how to adapt the rails or something about another rail working (something along those lines), but cant seem to find it now. Anyone know about this issue? I have an extra fuel rail with pressure regulator on it, but the fuel inlet is located right next to it instead of on opposite ends as found in the renix...will that cause an issue other than rerouting that one line?

Thanks,
jmeti000

Which rail do you have on there now? And which fuel rail? Im kind of lost in your description of what exactly you have on it.

Classic example of why the Year/Engine/blah/blah/blah should always be provided.

If you are using a 97+ fuel rail now, how did you handle the missing pressure regulator and return line?

If you are using a Renix fuel rail, why did you have to fab a bracket? Did you use a 97+ intake and throttle body?

Yes, you should be able to extend/relocate the lines and use a 91-95 H.O. fuel rail on the 87-90.

I used the head and intake from the 97. The reason for fabbing up the brackets on the renix rail is because the holes didnt line up with the ones on the intake. Either way, you answered my question. Thank you joe :).

you should be able to retro a 91-95 fuel rail to that without too much issue. using bulk injection hose and the proper clamps, like joe said.
or you may be able to pick up the engine compartment HO lines from a wrecking yard and fit them to the existing lines running from the tank along the body. i believe they connect behind the lf wheel area.

Back