• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Move the upper coil spring mount forward???

jwtrapper

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone done this? I moved my axle forward about 1.5 to 2 inches and now my springs like to rub on the bump stops. It drives me crazy!!! I was looking for some ideas on moving the upper mount forward and out a bit to center the bump stops buck up in the coils.

I have been doing a lot of research on how to lengthen my front wheelbase.What I have come up with is that if you move the coil buckets at the axle back to around center of the axle it will make the coils be in the stock location.

How did you lengthen your wheelbase?

maybe you could notch the bump stop tube so you can angle it forward and weld it back together. it will sit at an angle but will stop the rubbing and ur coil will still sit in the proper spot

Why?The XJ wheebase is awsome as it is!

cut off your perches and find some 5" c-channel and some pipe that fits in the spring....then fab up the mounts for the desired stretch. wish i could find a pic but the way i built my axle you could put the coil bucket wherever you wanted front to back to keep the factory coil position. track bar and steering is another story since the box would be the limiting factor both for the steering and and track bar mount.

Last edited:
My lower spring mounts are there to stay. They are welded on to the axle and truss now and aren't going anywhere. That is why I am looking to move the top. Approach angle and a little bit more wheel base for the taller climbs, waterfalls and ledges.

Back