• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No dash lights - HELP!!

xjnco

NAXJA Forum User
'96 Sport, 4.0 HO
Put too much water in the coolant reservoir and when the motor got warm due to heat and traffic it overflowed and soaked the connectors located below the overflow spout. That shut down the motor. Getting a tow back to the house I opened the connectors, poured water out of them, let them dry, sprayed the connectors with contact cleaner and put some connector grease on for future water protection. Still no start. Since it did backfire once, i thought "maybe a bad coil", swapped in a spare and it fired right up. The connector feeds some sensors and the cruise control, but how are the dash lights involved? I don't have schematics for this, please help if someone does. What and where are the fuses I should I check?
Mike

MODERATOR: PLEASE REMOVE: No dash lights - HELP!!

MODERATOR: The system won't let me edit this post. Please unlock and remove this thread. Sorry, I was all flustered and should not have started this thread. I need to trace wiring from the headlight switch to the dash. Then I'll look at a recent radio install as a possible cause of my "no dash lights" situation.
Thanks,
Mike - xjnco
Rocky Mountains Gateway
Mead, CO

Back