• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Zerk fitting too long........

Believe & Receive

NAXJA Forum User
I got myself some Quick Discos today but the Zerk Fittings were gone in 3 parts (and a bushing) I bought some new 90 degree ones but they are about 1/16 too long (will dig into the bushings). Any ideas on how to cut them down? Anybody ever do anything like this before?

put em in... grease em up, take em out ? works on my drive line... mostly cause i keep snapping them off on he rocks, lol. except mine i have to use an extraction tool to get em back out again, ha ha

What Rod said, see if you can get some needle grease fittings they make good caps. my u-joints use them, I grease wit the regular Zerk then but the needle fitting back in for running.

Guess i never thought of that. Good lookin mojojojo oh and i completely agree with Cherotron's statement. On yours can you drill em out and put some bigger screw ones in? Prob not too important though, would just make it easier i would think.

They make little plugs also. I read long ago in JP or SUV magazine to use a grease fitting to grease the joint or item then use one of the small plugs. They explained that 1 more clearance 2 grease zerts tend to leak water into them from the spring loaded ball.

Dave

Hey you know this is a two year old thread? But thanks that's some good info, I needed some of them a few weeks back.

Dave

Back