• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What causes a MAP to go bad?

Apostle

NAXJA Forum User
Been having some stalling issues. Replaced CAT today and tsu. prior to this, no codes have shown. finally got a p0108 (map reading high voltage). wondering what would cause this. dont want to replace map unless i have to

A cracked or otherwise damaged vacuum hose going to it. Mine was cracked at the map senser but on the BACK of the hose so it passed a quick visual. It wasn't until I removed it and looked more carefully that I realized the hose was finished. Or maybe an intake leak somewhere else in the manifold, I'm not exactly sure what conditions the computer looks at. Also an open or short circuit on the harness to the MAP. In fact, this is probably the most likely thing. The computer can easily detect and open or short. Or it could just be bad, again if it fails open or shorted the computer can easily detect that.

TSU?

temp send unit. didnt want to type it out.

checked the rubber 90 elbow, it was fine. stuck it back on and took it for a drive. think my CEL light is broke, never seen it on (even with the code). but it ran fine since the cat is on. thinking maybe code was there before cat and now its gone, not sure. going to disco the bat cables and try to clear and see what i get.

Back