• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Powder Coating Qs

CherBear

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to be reworking my warrior products bumper soon, It needs to be repaired after some damage. Anyways, it came with a powder coated finish, I don't want to just spray-bomb this whole thing if possible.

So my questions are:

Is powder coating fairly common? As in, could most body shops ect do it?

Price estimate?

Most body shops don't do it. You need to find a shop that specialized in powder coating. They will have the high temp ovens and sandblasting equipment to handle it. However, if you are going to be using it for off road I wouldn't recommend powder coating. Its not that strong against rocks, and you can't touch it up properly. If you want a strong paint that you can do yourself I would recommend POR15. They make a "Hardnose" product that is UV resistant.

Is this product something that comes in an aerosol can? Or Do I need to get out my spray gun to apply this?

Is this product something that comes in an aerosol can? Or Do I need to get out my spray gun to apply this?

POR-15 does not come in Aerosol, only comes in the the normal paint can. You can brush or roll it on. You probably can use a spay gun to apply it, but you will probably need to thin it out. But I wouldn’t want to deal with the over spray getting on me, because it will take months to come off your skin. The spray gun would need to be cleaned quickly afterwards too(don’t use you fav. spray gun).

Back