• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New XJ 4 Door Steel Tube Fenders

Tomken

NAXJA Forum User
We built a custom XJ Buggy before Moab Easter Jeep Safari. Did a lot of custom work and parts (including parts from other types of Jeeps just for the fun of it). When we were at Moab we received a lot of interest in the steel tube fenders. First proto type is finished. These XJ steel tube fenders are constructed from 1.5" X 1/8 wall Pipe in combination with 1/8" steel plate. They extend out from the body 3 ¾” and are contoured to the body curves. Powder coated black. Front set cost $591 and rear set cost $581. You may order raw by calling the order desk. Raw front set cost $516 and rear set cost $506. You can find these on our web site www.tomken.com

TMD-8496-F.jpg TMD-8496-R.jpg

Those look amazing, very functional too. I would love a set, however I can hardly plop down $400 for flares, granted these do include some quarter panel protection too... but even then I don't know about spending over $1k on steel(other than on a kick ass cage:eeks1:)

Great product though! It will be on my "when I win the lottery" wish list! :thumbup:

Very nice, but alot of guys dont have that much in their xj all together, let alone in some quarter protection/ flares. From what I've seen with your other products they should be good quality, but thats a pretty high price.

Might try offering just the flare without the metal backing so guys can use it to produce their own tube fender flares welding them in with supports and such on their own. Something like the precurved tube, and the sheet metal that sits on top of it precut/curved to the tube. That would allow you to mass produce them with ease (just need the template, and keep stampin them out) and sell them for a price many are willing to spend on the metal thats bent already (means all they have to do is cut some other metal support bits inside the fender if they plan to actually wheel and weld it all together)

I know I'm planning on doing tube flares at some point, obviously yours are a little more than just flares, but none the less...the local shop will do flares for all four corners for the price of a front or back set of yours. Might keep what you have as an option, but offer this as well?

Great looking product though, and thank you for helping further XJ wheeling innovation!

~Scott

You guys should make some Mj tailight boxes.

awesome product. i've been looking for someone to make tube fenders, but damn, thats alot of friggen money

Quit your bith..n. Just say "thank you". If they cost too much for you, no reason to bash. For others, it will be worth saving up for. To each their own.

They do look sweet.

Thank you.

If they were simple to fab up, everyone would build them and sell them for half the price.
Only negatives I see is that the rears don't give you complete coverage in front and behind the tire like a traditional flare does and the front flare stops short behind the tire.....which of course, would be more expensive to build.

Very nice, but alot of guys dont have that much in their xj all together...

A lot of guys have 10x or 20x that into there XJ's too. When a business launches a product (usually) they research where they want to be in the market. Obviously they are not catering to the low budget crowd.

Back