• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intermittant wiper swap?

IdahoEagle

NAXJA Forum User
I'm wanting to switch out my non-tilt column with a tilt column and seriously thinking about converting to intermittant wipers at the same time... I know the wiper motor is different, but what else do I need? Is the truck already wired for doing this or is the under-dash harness not setup for doing it? Has anyone done this conversion on here? This is the first vehicle in more than 15 years that I've owned that hasn't had intermittant and I kinda miss that feature. I've had to use my wipers a lot more lately than I have in quite some time and would like the convenience of it...

Please, ALWAYS start your thread with Year/Engine/transmission/etc.

You will most likely need the intermittent module, switch, and stalk, the motor shouldn't need to be changed.

Did it on my GF's 97 TJ earlier this year. Just swapped the switches. Everything is internal to the switch/lever. Works like it was built that way. Like Joe said don't know what year yours is but on a 97 it's a 15 minute job.

I did this to an 88 & 89. The intermitten switch comes with the column. The timer module is plugged in-line and is located just above the steering column. With the column out the connector is disconnected anyway so just plug in a timer module install your column and enjoy driving through mist without having to reach down and cycle the switch.

Back