• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ Rear brakes

chaser9478

NAXJA Forum User
OK I know this has been covered 14000 times. but here goes I got my hands on calipers rotors and all of the axle hardware from a 2001 WJ. Whats it gonna take to make them work on my 8.25? Has anyone done this? Everything I search always comes up with ZJ. I got the stuff from a WJ......

WJ brake brackets have a different bolt pattern, not sure they're going to work out for you. They have the symmetrical 4-bolt diamond pattern while ZJ and XJ brakes have the trapezoidal pattern.

At least, the one I pulled apart was like that...

the dust cover is what the caliper mounts to. I was thinking I could open it up a little to fit my axle tube and weld it to the axle. Would that work?

Don't weld it onto the axle... not if you ever want to change your wheel bearings or anything else.

Just get the ZJ ones :dunno: they take maybe a minute and a half with a grinding stone and dremel or die grinder to widen the center hole out and go right on.

Back