• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ride along

low'n'go xj

NAXJA Forum User
Is there anyone in the washington county area good with 8.25 rear end? just need someone to ride around so that person can hear the thunk i have in the rear end.
Thanks for any help.

What year? Does it happen when you make a sharp right turn like from a street into a parking lot?

no, just happens over bumps. leading me to believe its the shocks. thought it was wheel bearing, but still have the noise. its a 94 sport with no abs. just worried about going on the trails with the noise.

Reason I asked about happening on a sharp right turn - my Limited Slip was making an awful noise just before it wore completely out. Good luck.

it had the problem before i fixed the exhaust. the title says it all, looking for someone that can ride with me to hear the noise coming from the rear axle. IT IS NOT THE EXAUST.....

i know what your felling. id ride with ya. but im neer salem . and i dont think i can crawl into a jeep right now anyway. hope you get the help ya need. i feel for ya.

Bronze.

I'm too far away as well. My advice, Check the bushings on your shocks both uppers and lowers to see if that's where your play is. There is a good chance that's where your noise might be coming from. You can check that with out moving the vehicle or taking off the shocks. While you are there make sure all attachment bolts are tight too.

I'm too far away as well. My advice, Check the bushings on your shocks both uppers and lowers to see if that's where your play is. There is a good chance that's where your noise might be coming from. You can check that with out moving the vehicle or taking off the shocks. While you are there make sure all attachment bolts are tight too.

Thanks for the info, i was under there last night and the lower mounts on the shocks are lose at the bushings. Also my stock leafs are pretty d#@! flat. so i'm thinking that could be apart of it also. Really only happens on bigger bumps or dips in the road.:gonnablow

check the bushings on your leafs.

Back