• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 9 inch conversion

Jonnyjpr

NAXJA Forum User
I've done some searchin but wanna know the info in during this. I've gotten the perches down and brakes. What would you do for the driveshaft? Tryin to keep the stock t-case. Would you have to get a SYE and put a front driveshaft yolk in? Or is there a way to keep the driveline the same with just an adapter on the ford end?

you are looking for a conversion joint. any drive line shop can set you up. the xj shaft uses a spicer 1310 u-joint not sure what u-joint your 9 uses. or you can have a new yoke welded on your shaft that matches the ford u joint

humm interesting. I'll go look into both of those options. Thanks for the info.

I went looking for a cv type joint for the DS when I put in a HP 9". I talked to Tom Wood Drive Shafts and he said to use a conventional ujoint on both ends. so that was the way I ordered it even tho I was a bit skeptical at the time. It worked out really well. I'm up about 7" with the Currie HP drop out and run 36" IROKs.

Back