• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broken wire connector just behind A/C compressor

Robb0h

NAXJA Forum User
I was moving the wireing out of the way for clearance and when putting it back, I broke the clip off that holds this connector together. I'm assuming it tells the compressor when to cycle on and off? A/C stopped blowing cold as soon as it was no longer connected.

I haven't been by a junkyard, but I'm assuming they'd want to keep the wiring harness complete, therefore not letting me clip just this connector off.

Is there somewhere I can get a new one? Would they be able to order one at the dealership or is it going to be one of those "it's too old" or "only comes complete" assy things? I tried to explain what I wanted to the parts guy on the phone but he didn't get it... nearest dealership is a good drive from me so I wanted to find out before going all the way there for nothing...

DSC06515.jpg

Thanks in advance. Gotta get the A/C going again before it gets hot.

If you go to a PAP yard most harnesses won't be in complete condition from people cutting out just what they need instead of the entire harness. And that being such a small part just put a pair of cutters in your pocket and snip it off.

looks like the plug for the pressure cycling switch. can you just zip tie it back together for the meantime? one tie right between the wires, and one around the base, hook 'em together, pull it tight? that should keep it plugged in for now.

Back