• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering column - black plastic ring ?

kellen

NAXJA Forum User
So I replaced my steering column with another one. Put it in, works as it should for the most part.

However above the boot in the firewall on the interior side is a plastic, black metal washer around the column. Should this be inside the boot right near the firewall or outside the boot? My FSM says nothing about this.

Also the steering seems to "catch" when returning to center. If I turn it completely one way and let it return its not a fluid motion but seems to hang up slightly every 30 degrees.

Any ideas? I was going to get some grease into the boot on the firewall, but didn't want to do that if that plastic piece needed to be in there first.

Thanks.

Tell us what year you're working on and we might be able to help you as there's a few differences in the steering columns among various years.

Back