• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ wiring harness locations for the 4 o2 sensors

crushtheogre

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 XJ with a 4.5 stroker engine that has a new 2 1/2" exhaust and new locations for the 4 sensors. Can anyone tell me where the wiring for each ones comes out, i.e. the 2 upstream ones before the cats and the 2 downstream ones (post cat). There are 2 of the hookups coming out of the front of the harness just in front of the fuel rail, one from the back part of it, and one that comes out on the driver's side of the transmission.

We had the sensors hooked up wrong and actually had the exhaust system glowing red at the cat and muffler. The underside of the jeep actaully started to catch on fire when we realized and stopped it, we think it was running lean. Now I am running with no sensors hooked up and it's eating gas like crazy and running very rich I suspect.

So can someone help out with the locations of the hookups for each o2 sensor please!

Thanks in Advance
Paul

CAN anyone open their hood on their 2000-2001 XJ and take a picture or even just SEE where the wires come from that goto the O2 sensors please?

Back